Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting service includes stockpiling and/or sharing certain content on a web hosting server administered by a web hosting company. There are various classes of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's take a look at them. In this way, you can pick what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to have a website, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a solution provided by certain file storage providers, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage packages are often supported by showing ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a particular interval of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inaccurate interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allot the workload between different packs of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web page hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a brand of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific vendors offer a hosting service for images only. This hosting type is appropriate if you would like to share a vast number of images with pals or acquaintances since the service is commonly free. You will obtain a random link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to taking care of your electronic mail accounts. Some corporations provide web hosting services for websites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you desire to have a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can set up email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a particular amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video files and several hundred viewers, you may have a hard time with your site hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to own as many video clips as you want without bothering about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to keep a site. To some extent, it encompasses all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and emails, upload videos, etc. At WebDisCode, for example, you can have a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting services that enable you to have all of the aforesaid services in one single place. There may be limits based on the form of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the standard e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are meant for particular content only.